Green Policy and Social Responsibility Statement
At Mullion Cove Hotel & Spa, we strongly believe in eco-friendly values in the way we run the hotel. We believe that we must do everything possible to reduce the negative impact we have on the environment without compromising the holiday experience for our guests. On the contrary, actions such as using local food suppliers and planting wildflowers on our site greatly enhance the Mullion Cove experience!
We are committed to providing a high-quality goods and service whilst maintaining the local environment. We make special efforts sourcing our goods and services locally to support the Cornish economy, whilst maintaining good relationships with suppliers. In addition, we continuously adhere to special procedures to minimise the environmental impact of our activities, including; improving our management of heat, light, power and water, conserving energy where possible and raise our staff & guests' awareness of their environmental impact whilst staying or working with us.
A symbol of this commitment is our membership of the Green Tourism Business Scheme. The scheme provides accreditation and encouragement for all tourism businesses to reduce the environmental impact of their activities. As part of this, we have our own Green Team at the hotel, with members of staff from all departments whose goal it is to ensure we are doing all that is possible to ensure our commitment to the environment and to you, our guests. By encouraging sustainable practices the scheme ensures the continued enjoyment of the environment around us for future generations.
Steps we take to reduce our environmental impact:
- We provide seasonal menus whilst continuously sourcing food and drink from a 55-mile radius wherever possible, thereby reducing our food miles.
- We aim to reduce our carbon footprint year on year by monitoring our output of pollution, emissions, waste and by controlling heat, light and power consumption.
- We train, encourage and support employees to value and participate in sustainable business practices.
- We expect similar environmental standards from suppliers and contractors we use.
- We encourage, inform and assist visitors to reduce their impact on the environment whilst staying at Mullion Cove Hotel and when they leave.
- We work closely with the local community and support local charities and groups
- We are members of the Green Tourism Business Scheme as an ongoing commitment to sustainable practices and tourism
- We encourage live in staff to think Green and train them in sustainability
- We Encourage Green tourism through local walks (available in every bedroom)
- We use local contractors for our refurbishment programs
- We try to reduce our plastic consumption in order to do our bit to stop microplastics polluting the sea and non-degradable plastics from going to landfill and have started phasing out items such as plastic straws, toothpicks, plastic dog waste bags.
- Maintain our unused land for wildlife use with a wild flower meadow.